The worst pre-race jitters usually hit during warm-ups, when you're going through your drills and feeling the energy of the crowd. But for me, the fear was different. It hit when I opened my track bag and saw nothing but dirty clothes. My spikes were gone. I tore everything out, throwing it around the grass. My brand-new, broken-in track spikes were nowhere to be found. It was my first high school district meet as a freshman, and I was running the 100-meter. The gun was going to go off in less than twenty minutes. ive never worn anything else
A special object to me is my lavender and aqua new balance track spikes. I've had them half of my career so far and I have to run with those specifically. if I don't I wont be able to reach my top end speed during the race. they have bible verses on them and #LLE and #LLP for my baby brother and my grandfather and they also have my girlfriends initials on them.
Practices that denied women equal wages, voting rights, and other opportunities were once accepted in many parts of the world. Discriminatory practices included denying women the right to own property, enter into contracts, or control their own earnings without a husband or male relative's consent. Wage gaps were due to the relegation of women to lower paying jobs and the legal right of employers to pay women less for the same work .
Comments
Post a Comment